Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Brunch c/o Farmicia and S.'s Dad

At some point in the days leading up to my barbeque I realized that only three people were officially coming. This made me a little sad, as that would be a pretty small barbeque for such a large deck. But the numbers ended up swelling a bit more without becoming overwhelming (I still overpurchased on everything except beer). Included in the guest list was S. S. actually lives in Brooklyn, so when I invited him to the barbeque I didn't really expect him to attend. But! He did. I wouldn't say he came down for the event (because that would be a lie) but because he was already visiting his parents in the area, he did get to enjoy the beer, burgers and sausage I had on offer. The next morning S.'s father was to pick him up and they were going to have a meal together. S. asked me for recommendations, and whether I would like to come. I struggled with recommendations but found it quite easy to accept the invitation. In the end I thought that he and his father might enjoy Farmicia. L. and I certainly did when we went there months and months ago. I ordered the chorizo, egg, potato and cheese quesadilla type thing. S.'s father ordered the English muffins with country style bacon, eggs and cheese...and then he ordered a side of bacon, which officially made him one of my favorite people. Bacon dish with a side of bacon? Yeah, I like how you roll.
I drank copious amounts of their coffee and also ordered a non-alcoholic bloody mary with a proper amount of horse radish.
Thanks very much to S. for coming to the shin-dig, and to his father for driving us to Farmicia, buying me a meal and then driving me home in the midst of ridiculous heat and rain.

No comments: