Sunday, August 29, 2010

Craaaab Cakes

So back in the cooler months L. and I struck a deal. The deal was pretty straightforward, she would paint my bedroom in exchange for my making her crab cakes. A definite delay between the completion of the painting and the consuming of crab cakes was experienced, though I tried to lessen this lag by making the clam/salami loveliness last month. The time finally came last Friday, as my trip to Costco also involved purchasing crab meat. I didn't go too creative guerrilla on these cakes...the basic recipe (minus worcestshire because we didn't have any in the house, which is odd because my roommate regularly drowns his dinner in the stuff) plus chopped parsley and a little red onion.
Breaded them with panko and deeeeep fried them in a fair amount of sizzling vegetable oil.
Lying about this will do no good. The crab cakes were delicious. Thanks again to L. for her diligent and competent painting job that has made my room feel far more like home.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

these make me want to bite my computer screen.