Thursday, August 12, 2010

Pimento Cheese Sandwich and Gazpacho c/o The Blue Chair

On my first day in town, we went to The Blue Chair for lunch. Their special of the day was a pimento cheese sandwich with bacon. My parents split a sandwich, I had my own, and I also ordered a cup of the gazpacho. Pimento cheese is weird. I should like it more than I do. It's ooey. It's gooey. I mean, those are the basic characteristics I generally love in cheese. But this didn't really do that much for me. I ate it and I liked it well enough, but I didn't love it.
The gazpacho was satisfying. Not too chunky, not too bland, nice and cold.

1 comment:

nc catherine said...

My sentiments exactly about pimento cheese...it should be way good but for some reason it never is as good as one wants it to be. A friend made it with some hot peppers one time and that was pretty good, but still, for all the fat and calories yum I would rather eat something else!