Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Greeter Falls Success, Day 2

The following day Cousin H. and his wife C. suggested a repeat journey to Greeter Falls. I had zero arguments with this suggestion. Zero. Nada. Nil. If he hadn't called, I would'a gone back on my own. Greeter Falls and I are destined for each other. In the summer. Maybe.
While the falls weren't totally on 11, they still could sting/soothe if you got exactly under where the majority of water was falling.
I brought a zoom lens on this trip.
I would like you to note both dogs looking on. Lincoln is but a black shadow, but you can make out his mouth if you look closely.

I asked H. to take some additional photographs of me with the zoom camera, and I"m pleased with the result. I wanted my own 'cc under the water falls moment' and it was wonderfully documented. I wasn't even under the worst of it and I felt like I was having a nice massage.

This is my favorite picture of right now. I am diving into the water. I can't decide if that's obvious from the photograph or not. I mean, does it just look like I'm belly flopping? Because I'm not. I'm diving into the water from an underwater stone flatform like an otter. Like an otter I tell you. Graceful. Lithe. Divey.
When I first went into the water I noticed these ginormous spiders. I decided not to take photographs or try to enter the main swimming hole by having to step nearby these spiders. I regretted not taking photographs, but I was a'fraid. When I finally came back to look again, and they hadn't moved at all, I thought I could at least take a photograph. I didn't poke them. I didn't prod them. I assumed they were dead, but they could have been in the midst of the most epic staring contest this world has ever seen. I mean, eight eyes against eight eyes? The chances of blinking must be astronomical!

No comments: