Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Morning Hair and Boat

A result of my mother's extended stay in the hospital was a pretty total loss of her hair. But it has been growing steadily back these last few months. It is very soft. I found myself petting my mother a lot during my visit. She also pointed out that if you pet her in the direction of her hair, she's soft like a bunny but if you go against the grain the sensation is similar to stroking velvet in the wrong direction. I wanted to take a picture of her swirl. So before I left, we got that accomplished.

Then Dad drove me to Monteagle so I could catch the shuttle to the airport. On the way there we ran into a boat with a big problem.

1 comment:

nc catherine said...

I am so loving the swirl and the beauty of that soft downy silver!

The boat reminds me of one we got stuck behind in Pennsylvania Dutch Country some eons ago, it was an enormous yacht or something with a keel that seemed to be three stories high, swaying around the curves on that simple country road (read: one lane each direction). I amused myself with stories of some renegade Mennonite or whatnot joining modern America via a stolen yacht....whatever.