Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ringnecked Snake

One morning my mother noticed a snake in a thingy by our fireplace. It was itsy bitsy. It was a Ringneck Snake. I took the metal container thing (I'm not sure what it is...it might be for plants?) out into the sunlight because I thought the snake would like that, and it couldn't stay in our house.
But after a short amount of time of slithering up the sloped walls of the container, the snake started writhing until it fell completely still and dead-looking. This was distressing to me. I thought I had killed the snake, which wasn't my intention. I mean, I thought snakes liked the sun?

So I tipped over the container and dropped the snake on the ground. And wouldn't you just know it, in about thirty seconds I suddenly see its little tongue darting out of its little mouth. It tricked me into feeling bad, that snake. So then I picked it up.
Then I put it back down and it slithered under a leaf and I let it be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahah so random!