Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Snacks, Chicken and More c/o K. and J.

As you might have noted throughout the last few months, my dear friend L. planned on getting married this summer. And married she did get, but that will be a post for another day. I decided to start the wedding drive a few days early so I could visit K. and J. in their new abode in Salem, Massachusetts. It's not that new an abode; they have been in the town for over a year. New to me. So, I left town on a Wednesday and made my way up through New Jersey, New York and Connecticut before arriving safely at K. and J.'s. K. awaited me, we had a beer, took the dog on a walk, ate cheese and sausage and num nums and generally caught up.
They live just blocks from water and for at least $200 less than I spend on rent (with heat included, the bastards).
Upon our return, more nibbles in the form of baked brie.
Then K. cooked some sort of crazy apricot jam chicken thing that was so very tasty. Oh and we drank a lot of vodka.
A wonderful night, and it was great to see this pair again. The last time being in January of 2009. So, there you have it.

No comments: