Friday, July 09, 2010

Portsmouth Farmer's Market

On Saturday morning there were a number of hours to be killed before wedding preparation would start in earnest. So I utilized the internet magics and learned where the local Farmers' Market was and went there.
THERE WERE CHICKENS!
Strawberries in Philly have died out, but seven hours north they are still abundant. I bought some.
I also considered buying one of Lucky's puppies.
I tried cheese, but didn't love any of them and didn't really need to buy cheese and then drive a million hours home with it (though I did need to buy strawberries and radishes and take them home with me, go figure).
I was definitely in need of sustenance, and there were a number of eating options at the market. In the end I was most attracted to Seaport Fish's offering of an English muffin with fried egg, dill smoked salmon spread, caramelized onions and tomatoes. It was $6 and worth it.

No comments: