Friday, July 09, 2010

Pre-Wedding Primping and Photographs

After a morning of relaxation and produce, we all got into our gear and headed over to the house of L.'s parents' friends. It was a beautiful house, inside and out, with a really interesting collection of art on the walls and four floors. Hair was done on the second floor, make up and hanging out predominantly was done on the third. The friend's younger daughter did M.'s make up for her, it was very subtle.
Then L. did it over again so it was more dramatic.
L. in the midst of her transformation from normal pretty person to wedding bridal pretty person:)
Getting closer. The hair and make up people were quite nice and good at what they did. Though the hair woman was quite insistent that we have photographs of L. getting into her dress and her mother zipping up the dress. Neither L. nor her mother seemed very interested in this set up, so I was quite pleased when they refused. Unless they didn't refuse and I simply missed the moment...but I don't think that's what happened.
Eventually we were all gussied and ready for the arrival of the groom, groomsmen and wedding party family.


A professional photographer took a lot of photographs, I hope to see them one day.
I took a lot of photographs too, though they weren't as amazing as I might have hoped.
I stole some of the following photographs from M.'s Facebook page. This one, for example, was not taken by me or my camera.
Nor was this one.
Or this one.
This, too, was not my composition, but the composition of the friend's older (11 as opposed to 7) daughter.
We all took the bus to the wedding, which was pretty funny. Cool kids in the back.
This was taken by M. See how I'm in it? Ha ha. This day was so totally not about me, but I'm glad that there are at least a few shots of me and my make up/outfit. I tried to curl my hair with an iron and made a mess, but E. sorted it out and, as my hair does, the curl was gone within twenty minutes regardless of hair spray attempts.
Next up, of course, is the wedding itself. Except I was in it, so I have no photographs of it. So...onto the reception!

No comments: