Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Golden Nugget Antique Flea Market

On the next morning, we went to the Golden Nugget. No, not the restaurant, the flea market of course. I left the place with a lot of confusion in my brain. Should I look at it as recycling in action? Or simply the dregs of a neverending consumer society? I can buy other people's memories for less than five dollars. I could construct a million watches from spare parts. I could safely open thousands of door locks, many of which probably not longer exist. That is a sad thought to me, that there are all these keys floating around, but they no longer can unlock a thing.
I only had $4. I think this turned out to be a good thing, because I could have come home with a lot of stuff I don't need...pretty or tasty as it might have been.
Seriously so much stuff. All these different product foragers on both sides of the table.




Knives and cameras.

I feel like I know a lot of people with drawers or boxes like this. I am pretty sure I have at least two boxes of my own. But I don't think about it because they're safely in the basement.
It was also national free slurpee day. I made a point to know this and I also made a point to stop by the Newtown 7-11 to avail myself of the free frozen beverage of my dreams. It was only a 7 oz cup, which is pretty moderate in slurpee terms. I mixed blue raspberry with cherry. In the end it was all purple.

No comments: