Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Breakfast c/o Red's, Dinner c/o Old Spot

On Thursday morning K. and I went to Red's for breakfast. I did not deviate much from my typical diner fare when I ordered two fried eggs over medium with sausage links. K. ordered the French toast and a side of sausages. It was all quite tasty.
Later on K. went to work (J. leaves for work at the crack of dawn) and I went to the local malls in an effort to find a purse that matched my bridesmaid's dress and other things I didn't really need (if you put me in a store with earrings for $8 or less, I'm going to walk out with at least one pair). I returned to their house and hung with their three cats and Stella, the dog. Then J. came home and we had some funny talks and made weak attempts at planning dinner...but there were some setbacks. So, in the end, we went to the Old Spot for dinner. We played Rummy and sipped on beers until our food arrived. I ordered the onion soup and mushroom salad, both quite delightful, though the chicken with the salad was a bit dry.

And then we returned to their home and called it an early evening. Another good day.

No comments: