Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fallen Swallow and Sandwich

The structure of the days at Cayuga Lake were quite up my alley. They went a little something like this: wake up, eat, go to the end of the dock, get in the water, get out of the water and read until you are hot, get back in the water, repeat a few times, lunch, reapply sunscreen, go back to the water and do more reading and floating, pack up, take a shower, have a beer, play a game, eat dinner, sit around a fire, go to sleep. Oh man. Seriously. While some people probably wouldn't be able to keep up this strenuous regime for more than a day, I'm pretty sure that I truly would be content to do this for my entire life. E., A.'s cousin, showed us a baby swallow they found in the water. It wasn't too surprising, the docks all have nests underneath them and swallows dive and swerve around them, and the water in general, throughout the day.
For lunch I made myself a turkey and salami sandwich and drank a cup of pink lemonade.

And then it was back to the lake and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

No comments: