Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Water From the Side of the Road

So, we departed and made our way towards 81 around noon, maybe one. On the way up A. pointed out a source of spring water by the side of the road. I said I would like to stop there on the way back and fill the myriad loose water bottles rattling around my back seat (turned out only to be two). And that's what we did.
The water was nice and cold, tasted just fine and didn't give me parasites. Or...at least I don't think it gave me parasites.
It's good to know where sources of fresh and potable water are...you'll want to check them out in the case of an apocalypse. I figure that to really be prepared for the end of days you should also carry around a PH litmus test thingy...I mean just because the water was good before the apocalypse is not a guarantee that it will remain so ever after.

No comments: