Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lake Arrival Salad

So A.S. came over to my house a while back and we drank some brew and shot the shit. At some point she asked me if I had 4th of July plans, and I said not really. She then suggested that I might like to join her at her family's awesome stupendous amazing lake house for that specific weekend (except she simply said something more like 'the house at the lake'). Her suggestion was taken well, as I really did want to join her and her family; it's a ridiculously beautiful place and they are ridiculously good people. So, A.S. and I took half-days to beat the traffic and set off for Cayuga Lake around 2. This earlier arrival led to a much easier drive up than my one previous trip. We arrived by 7:30. And there dinner was, in effect, waiting for us. A salad.
A salad with a mix of greens, tomatoes and avocadoes, not to mention freshly sauteed corn and chicken.
And! And A.'s mother baked cookies, most of which were to be saved for a later point in time...but the one I tasted while straight hot out fresh from the oven was so lovely in its warmth and chocolate to cookie ratio.
A wonderful welcome after a rather lovely drive.

No comments: