Sunday, June 29, 2008

Statues and Heat

Yesterday I went and looked at a possible apartment to live in and the people that would go with the place. It was a townhouse. The room was too small for me. And the two girls I would live with were freshly graduated college students. Nice enough but I felt old just looking at them. I went and saw another place earlier this week that was pretty nice and the young woman and I got along pretty well too...but we'll see what comes of that. The place was about a mile away from where I currently live and closer to Center City. So I walked. It was so hot and sunny that I wore sunscreen and a hat. It was so unbearably hot. My god. By the time I got there my brow could start a sweat lodge (that makes no sense) and I had a serious case of hat head. After looking at the place I thought I'd meander back home through the heat. So I headed north and then west towards the art museum.

Then I took a few photographs of the statue/fountain in front of the museum.




Then I started worrying about heat stroke...not really, but I did tire of the heat, so I walked on home. I saw a boy pigeon courting some girl pigeons and that was it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sunscreen is a fine invention. I did not use any late in the afternoon on Sunday in the mountains of western NC and I managed to broil my chest. How crazy is that???? 4 pm with intermittent cloud cover/rain sprinkles and I fried myself. The world's best sunscreen for faces is the clear zinc oxide. I searched three Wally Worlds and four miscellaneous drugstores to find some more. Finally found it after I fried myself, in the Wally World in western NC. Go figure.

But wear a hat! Slather on sunscreen! Guzzle water!