Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I Wish It Were So

When I got back from Chambers/Gettys-burg I was too used to not making my own food to make my own food. So I ordered myself some tofu and broccoli in garlic sauce and crab rangoons from Golden Chopstick. I want to say that after so many attempts in Chicago that with this one attempt I found a miraculous perfect dish. But that would be a lie. The tofu wasn't bad but it wasn't up to whatever standard I've made in my brain that may not, actually, exist in the real world. The rangoons were pretty sucky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am thining the tofu of your dreams is exactly that, the tofu of your dreams. I keep looking for it at my favorite Pho, but it usually is fried hard rather than just fried. Oh well. I have basically given up on Chinese anyway. The last I had was oddly enough take out from PF Chang's and I was severely underwhelmed. Do not get what all the blinking fuss is about. It wasn't really any better than the Golden Dragon or whatnot tucked away on a marginal street in an iffy neighborhood...If I get the Pacific Rim craving I will hit Thai/Vietnamese, unless I am feeling wealthy and then it is Japanese. Oh well good luck anyway on your hunt for perfect tofu!