Sunday, June 01, 2008

Dinner c/o London Grill

On Memorial Day my parents and I went to London Grill for dinner. The place is bigger than one might expect and diverse in its ambiance...the bar area feels different from the back dining area with its rich red walls and minimalist paintings...and then there's the outdoor area which has its own vibe and flow. We had Sangria. I'm not a huge Sangria fan but this stuff was pretty good though a little skimpy with the fruit.
I ordered their crudo of the day: tuna, avocado, lime juice and cilantro. The fish was okay, the avocados weren't perfect and the lime juice element wasn't as prominent as I would have liked. They were maybe a little over-salted too. All the elements made me expect a little more than I ended up getting.
My mother had seared scallops as part of her meal, they looked pretty good. My father had a provolone cheese steak kind of thing. It looked good.
I had the smaller portion of one of their pasta options (I liked this feature...$18 for a large portion, $9 for a smaller size): potato gnocchi, goat cheese, lamb meatballs and lamb sausage with mint and tomato sauce.
Certain elements of this dish were more impressive than others, the meat in particular was pretty fantastic flavorful. I love lamb. These meatballs and sausage had that great lamb taste and extra flavor, good. The sauce itself was less stellar. The goat cheese was great.

No comments: