Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Italian Market

On Saturday I went to the Italian Market. I did this because I wanted to do something and I hoped to find a fish market that had soft shell crabs. I now know where to go for all my kangaroo and heirloom turkey needs. Which is pretty cool because one of these days I'd like to cook some rather ridiculously weird meat.

Two fish markets had crabs but not soft shell ones. This was disappointing to me until I found the biggest of the three, the one that is also a restaurant, and lucky ducky me! Were they the best specimens I'd ever seen? No. But they were still alive and I got three of them...then they were dead.
The DiBruno Bros. House of Cheese will be a dangerous place if I ever have money...I walked into the very narrow, very crowded store and was overwhelmed with happiness....cured meats, olives and cheese, cheese, cheese. I then got myself out before I was tempted to buy things with money I didn't have. Sigh. Money sucks.

2 comments:

J said...

There is a larger, fancier Di Bruno's in Center City, but the Italian Market one's the original.

I kinda need to go to that meat store. I need some rattle snake and antelope. How have I never seen that before?

Anonymous said...

Soft shells! Corn! Soft shells! Yours look mahvelous, puffy crispy and yummy!

Antelope maybe not so much?

Yum!