Saturday, June 21, 2008

Living La Vida Nightmare

So, I've had a job for a few weeks now. The majority of the tasks that make up the job are fairly interesting, entertaining and nice. The variety of work/clients makes each day different and relatively nice. My co-workers are a nice bunch, we went to The Belgian Cafe that one time, if you recall. On Wednesday it was decided that after work we would go to Table 31 for something called "Sips". I met three of my coworkers there and it was like one of my nightmares wrapped up in trendy packaging. It could have been worse, sure, but it wasn't good (let alone nice<---see I realize that I used the word nice too many nice times already and now I'm making fun of myself...in as nice a way as possible). The whole standing in a tight circle, constantly being bumped into by dudes in suits or girls with better hair and figures than me is just not my scene. Maybe it would be if I was sitting down but, well, as I mentioned there was standing involved. Though I did see one inordinately tall dude. That was the highlight, seeing a tall dude and saying 'man, that guy's tall'. He is not in the photograph. The drinks were cheap (something about this whole "Sips" thing) but I only had one, downing it fast thinking that if I finished it we could all leave (there were a number of flaws in that logic). The one complimentary appetizer I was able to snag was not all that great. And that, folks, is all I have to say about that.

No comments: