Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Brief Glories

After buying my share of produce and crabs (I also bought four green peppers, a fair number of limes and lemons, 1 pound of cherries for $1.50 and maybe something else...oh right five ears of corn for $2.) I returned home. Originally I considered taking the Broad Street subway but after realizing that I didn't have a cooler and maybe that's the only reason I took the car instead...so I drove back from whence I came. I read Bridge of Sighs while I leg my crabbies, now cleaned/dead, soak in ginger powdered milk. Then I lightly floured them...then put them into oil...then devoured them along with a small helping of salad and buttered corn.
It was the highlight of my weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ok I meant to put my post response here and I screwed up. So just let me teeeeeellllll you that your cooked soft shells look like what I wanted mine in the spring to look like, which didn't, they were tasty licious nonetheless but in terms of crispyness not so great.

I am afraid it is flour. Sigh. Or super hot melt your kitchen hot oil, and it wasn't my kitchen so I guess I didn't go so hot either.

Still and all freshly made soft shell crabs beat most anything any day of the week. Food wise.