Sunday, June 01, 2008

Dinner c/o Jack's Firehouse

On Tuesday, after my first day of work (!), my parents and I went to Jack's Firehouse for dinner.
At first we sat in the back but it was a hot day and it seemed hotter in the back than up front, closer to the converted firehouse's way open front doors. This was a good choice, there was a little breeze we could take advantage and we had a better view for people watching and marveling at the prison walls just across the street. Our server was nice and tall. The corn muffins and biscuits were pretty good, I didn't care for the jam.
With great trepidation I ordered a crab cake. My general rule is never to do this...but I've been jonesing for crab for months now and I couldn't handle it any more. This was a decent cake compared to many other possible restaurant cakes...all claw meat instead of lump was different but it was very low on filler...maybe a little too liquidy on the inside/not as crisp on the outside but, overall, I was not disappointed.
I also had the BLT Caesar salad. After the Cascade Lodge's hands on approach this salad wasn't quite as good. Not bad though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Work!!!" Maynard G. Krebs, circa 1962-ish. Ask your dad, he will know.

Such a nice idea, champagne after a long day of burning up brain cells on behalf of someone else.

The crabcake did look a bit liquidy in the center.

I had soft shelled crabbies over Memorial Day. Deeelish. Now I want more of them, seared in a pan with a bit of garlic...

Welcome to the workin' world. Hoping it is all as it should be!