Sunday, June 15, 2008

Lunch c/o Historic Texas Lunch

On Monday the extended family packed themselves up and headed on back to Ohio. The commute between where my mother and I were staying and Gettysburg was roughly 30 minutes though perhaps closer to 40 so we didn't see them off. On Monday my father was supposed to have a test to determine the next steps in his treatment. For this test he had to have the blood thinning medication he was being given curtailed/stopped altogether. The result of this was a far more sick looking dad. It's kind of amazing how much this medication seems to relieve my father's symptoms. Unfortunately the thinner had done too good a job and the test was first delayed from morning til afternoon and then, ultimately, until the next day. This was no fun since Dad looked like shit and was getting antsy. My mother and I, in between visiting spells, did manage to get some lunch at Historic Texas Lunch.
I had the Texas Lunch hotdog and a side of corn fritters. An absolute favorite of my mother's family starting, I believe, with my grandfather, is Ernie's Texas Lunch in Gettysburg....so we thought we'd do a little comparison...except that I haven't had a hotdog from Ernie's in years, so I had to rely on my mother's comparison skills. The outcome? Ernie's does it better but Historic Texas is a little lighter with the onions. Better how, you ask? Well we'll get to that a little later. I enjoyed the corn fritters immensely.

No comments: