Sunday, June 22, 2008

Beer and Fries c/o My Employer and The Belgian Cafe

On Thursday a prospective fellow worker came to the office to check it out. Then those of us who have roles similar to the role she would have all went to The Belgian Cafe with her and knocked back a few brewskies and baskets of fries. I ate a fair amount of french fries but I didn't particularly like them. Their house 'mayo' tasted like it had bad quality pickles in it, as opposed to jalepeno bits or whatever they said it was. Their house mayo minus the jalapeno was actually quite good. And the red sauce that accompanied it was interesting, tomatoey/chipotley/smokey but not so interesting that you'd want to put a french fry in it.
I had a Unibroue Ephemere Apple and a Lucifer Beer. Others had Raspberry lambic and Rogue chocolate ale combined to form a chocolate raspberry beer...I found this concoction wholly unholy and untasty to my palate but the rest of them declared it the best thing ever. So, there you have that. My coworker L. gives this Lucifer a good feel for the photograph.
Right now I'm having one of those dilemmas...in that it's Sunday and I'd like to have dim sum but have not successfully gathered any troops for such an endeavor. Now, do I go and have it by my lonesome? I won't be able to eat as much a variety of stuff without getting filled quicker than [insert funny analogy]. Oh but how I love shrimp dumplings. But oh, how I should save my money, even $10 worth of it, for some bigger and better cause...like going to the beach. I really want to go to the beach...people tell me the Jersey shore isn't too great and the Delaware one isn't much better but I want to go. I want to wear a hat and drink beer and play bocci ball on the beach. Or at least wear a hat?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Raspberry lambic and Rogue chocolate ale? Whoa I thought I'd heard of every combination. That's a new one on me.
- Rogue Ales

J said...

Jesus, you're getting an actual brewery to comment on your site?

It seems changing geographic regions has brought you many new readers.

Also, that's blasphemy, the Jersey shore is great, just stay away from Wildewood, but most towns are nice.

cc said...

Oh, they just have one of those brand alert things. I wish it made me special. If you write about Rogue ale you'll probably get a comment too. I think. Or maybe I am special. Don't know.

Which towns? Give me specifics.

J said...

Rogue Ale, read my blog!!

Well Cape May is really, really nice. I think Avalon is supposed to be nice, but that's not where the Jewish families went, so I've never been.

Um, I can't think of any others, just don't go to Wildwood!