Thursday, June 12, 2008

Dinner and Races c/o Appalachian Brewing Company

After swimming the family, in small waves and after naps (I think? or baths?), went to Appalachian Brewing Company for dinner and, at least in my case, to watch The Belmont. I had a Hefeweizen.
Then I met K. the cousin for the first time. He was not all that interested in what I was selling but was also perfectly happy to sit in my lap and, well, that's all I cared about.
My cousin K. (the elder not the baby) and I split two entrees. Both came with salad. I have always held the opinion that putting processed shredded cheese on salads is stupid. Blue cheese or Feta or Goat's cheese I have no problem with...but this was dumb.
There was a lot of running back and forth from the table to the bar area to watch Big Brown and his triumphant victory.
Except that it was a loss. The two entrees were ABC's Chesapeake Chicken dish and meatloaf dish. The chicken dish was billed as like crab cakes, only with chicken...which should have made me know that they weren't going to be great but there was an added component of chipotle spice and lime mayonnaise that I couldn't quite un-curious myself about.<----worst sentence of this post. The meatloaf was pretty good, more flavorful than many and with a slightly too rich mushroom gravy.
Jack-o-lantern face!
In the end the concensus was that the beer was very good but the food was only okay.

No comments: