Thursday, May 08, 2008

Water Ice Comes to Those Who Wait

After my walk I thought I would swing by Rita's again...just to make sure it hadn't opened since my first drive-by. This thought process was pure genius...because you know what was open? Yeah, Rita's. In high school, the opening of Rita's was a sure sign that school was almost over. It was also the perfect substance for hall birthday parties and the optimal reward for the medium walk into Newtown from the school's campus. They usually have at least 15 flavors of ice available, some standards always there...cherry for example...while others were more hit or miss...blueberry comes to mind. I ordered a small cherry and lemonade gelati...their custard is so ridiculously fatty thick rick good that a little of it goes a long, long way. I also, after already ordering, noticed a flavor I had never seen before: sweet tea. I asked for a sample. I received a sample. I will, the next time I go to Rita's, get a sweet tea non-gelati because it was quite good.

No comments: