Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Skyline

The last two or three hours of my drive were rather miserable in their rain to fair weather ratios. I arrived safely, however, and made my way to my temporary digs. I drove through center city where I took this photograph. This may, actually, be a little north of center city.
This, my little chickadees, is the view I will have for the next few months. Ridiculous.
Silly.
I have a little balcony on the 17th floor of a building. To say that this is not the style of abode that I am a) used to or b) even interested in having is to state a truth...but, it's not so bad. In fact it's pretty funny and kind of cool, especially because it is not permanent...and you wouldn't believe how affordable it is.
So I'm trying to gather up the courage to go out to this free food thing tonight. It will be the sort of thing where I know no one at all. I have yet to make the effort to get at all acquainted with the public transportation system but I'm beginning to think it's really stupid. Dumb. Maybe it isn't. I need to get me a NFT and then I'll be able to figure a few things out. Like whether the transportation system is stupid or not. The point is that if I do go to this free thing I'd have to drive and driving in Philadelphia, thus far, has kind of sucked a little. I'm afraid I'll get to the event and there will be no street parking and that garage parking will be too expensive for my taste and then I'll get flustered and then I'll just turn around and come home...this sort of thing happens to me more often than I'd like to admit...which then brings me to wonder if it's worth going at all, if all I'm going to do is turn around. And if I do go then I'll be the one without a friend or whatever and so I'll act more interested in the food than I really am, eat in a corner and leave. But free food is free food and this place seems like it might be good.

No comments: