Monday, May 26, 2008

Dinner c/o McCrossen's Bar and Tavern

On Thursday my parents came up to Philadelphia. When discussing where to go for dinner my father mentioned his desire for a burger. I considered this and realized that I, too, might like a burger. So, with a little research and consideration of geography we ended up going to McCrossen's Bar and Tavern. We sat in the dining room area off of the bar. Nice white table cloth kind of feel but the proximity to the bar and its sports watching (but non-rowdy) clientele made it feel not too fancy. The large table across from us, celebrating someone's graduation from college, was a bit loud and I wonder if they couldn't have seated us somewhere else. Anyways. We all had burgers. I also had the chowder. All satisfying, above average food. I had a bacon cheeseburger with provolone cheese. It was good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh a burger. MAN that looks good.

S'up with Zul?

Rain rain and more rain, a good thing as the garden was thirsty and the upstairs-with-no-AC too hot. Blew a compressor fan over the weekend. 20 year old unit, doesn't take a lot of math to figure I will be shoveling money in small but frequent increments if I try to fix it with baling wire, attitude and gum. So I guess I throw bigger money all at once and get a new one sometime before the next serious heat wave.

How long are the 'rents loafing in your neck of the woods? When does the job start? My job has included the dreaded office move around the corner in the building and into the "old" side. With purportedly a new AC system that was NOT working today at all on our section. 89 degrees in town, probably 93 on my western facing side of the building overlooking the parking lot. HOT for May. Too hot for corporate America and no AC.

cc said...

It was pretty tasty.

Zul is fine. I was just having a wee little panic.

The parents are gone.
The job has started.

In fact, I should start getting ready to go to that there job!