Thursday, May 29, 2008

Dinner c/o Diasporas'

On Friday I registered myself on campus and took up residence in a dorm...which is really funny since I managed to never really live in a dorm while attending college...unless you count my freshmen year in a trailer (they ran out of dorm rooms) but that was very different than typical dorm life (as I understand it from four years of high school). Then I met up with my friend J. J. and I worked together at the now defunct White Rabbit Coffeehouse and Cafe. Eventually we both left that hothouse of crazy but we stayed friends. J. has not left the Hudson Valley region and I am jealous of her. We met at Diasporas', one of my favorite restaurants during my two post-graduate years in the area. The ebf and I found it late in the game but frequented it a fair amount nonetheless. I had kind of hoped that the same waiter would still be working...but of course, like so many things, the staff was different...except for the owner/chef's father being the greeter, he was still there.
We shared the taramasalata appetizer. Good fishy roe and creamy goodness with lemon and chopped tomatoes.
I had planned on getting their salmon ravioli. Unfortunately it was no longer on the menu. Instead I went with one of the night's specials: a veal chop with a rose water sauce. The veal was not quite as tender as I had expected. The sauce was interesting. New. I liked it.
Oh how I love it all.

No comments: