Saturday, May 17, 2008

Art Should Be About Good Things

All this past week I've noticed the commercials on television for McDonald's new "Southern Chicken Sandwich". What I've particularly been interested in is the fact that for one day they were giving the sandwiches away with the purchase of a medium or large drink. On Thursday I realized that it was the day. So I drove to Monteagle, got in the drive-thru line and ordered me my free sandwich and a medium Dr. Pepper. This seemed pretty similar to the Chic-Fil-A sandwich I had in Bucks County. A small smattering of pickles (2 to be exact), no sauce and a surprisingly moist and chicken-like piece of chicken. It was okay. It was free. It was rainy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so thought about you on Thursday. A guy in my office went thru the drive through and ordered two diet cokes and six waters for 8 free biscuits. For his team. So I drifted by and commented he was in EARLY for him, I was on my way to cereal and soymilk just don't ask dammit and he said, oh have Chris's biscuit. I said oh thanks no Chris the big boss would be shall we say pissed if I snarfed it seein' as how I am not on your team.

He called not five minutes later, literally two bites into the boring cereal etc and said, hey Lynn is not coming in you want her biscuit?

Well yeah. Even tho I don't eat chicken for breakfast but whatever. It was ok. I am so thinking Chik-Fil-A does not need to be skeert. That is southernspeak you know for scared. I laugh at the "Ain't Skeered" redneck placards in response to "No Fear" but maybe you hadda be there...

But since you had your C-F-A story, I did indeed think of you as I ate my mostly good fried chicken for breakfast!

And my friend with the brand new baby said she and her friend, they are both in the food service bizniz, went and got freebies, and apparently the man in front of them did not say the magic words and ended up PAYING for his chicken biscuit...

If I were he, and heard the gals behind me getting twoforfree, I woulda been p.o.'d to the max.

I got to play with the new baby and get him to bed with no fuss and no muss. Go me!

What is the weird thing on Friday you gotta do anyway???