Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Those Were The Days

After I bought my burrito I went to the sheep farm/yarn store for which I worked. I was there for two or three shearing days and two lambing seasons. My days there were isolated, lovely and educational. My boss was independent and unique. I regularly miss my experience there. Going back and visiting reminded me of the realities of the situation....it was awesome...not easy...not idyllic...but awesome in its real-ness, in what I was learning, in my hands coated in lanolin, in the sounds of the machines, the smell of wool and sheep shit. And more.
I know how to use this machine.
Half of the shelves you see in this photograph I set up...especially the diagonal ones directly in front and at the back. Also, the floors, ceilings and walls? All painted by me.
Close up of shelving system I spent time making....may not look like much my friends but it took a little effort.
Oh the feelings.

No comments: