Friday, May 30, 2008

Booms

Having stayed up way later than I have in recent months I was worn out after our walk. So I went and took a nap then went to the technical reunion of my class. Except that it was kind of not really very good at being a reunion. Or maybe I wasn't good at it. I think maybe both. I wanted to have awkward conversation with my peers but it seemed like the class didn't stick together for very long and, as Bardies do, what did stick together were the social circles that already existed.
Supposed Chevy Chase was somewhere in the madness but I never saw him.
Blithewood Garden.

There was a pretty mediocre barbeque.
The Blithewood Mansion/Levy Economics Institute (or something like that).



Fireworks! Oh my goodness! I had such incredibly vivid memories of loving the fireworks on my graduation night. I remember finding them amazing, spectacular and the most prettiest ever...and the duration. I remember also thinking it was the longest display of fireworks I had ever seen.
So expectations were high. Too high. They were very pretty. And pretty long. But, well, not as awesome as I expected.
Still awesome though...what with the mountains in the background, good friends nearby and booms.

No comments: