Saturday, May 31, 2008

This Lovely Meal Is Brought To You By The Red Hook Diner

After my time at the farm I met back up with K. and C. at the Red Hook Diner. The diner just happens to be located right next to the house I lived in for two years after college.
I didn't live in the whole house, mind you. Just the bottom left apartment. Oh my was that a nice place. K. lived on the bottom right and we sat out on the back porch and watched groundhogs do their thing, snow accumulate and, even, The Red Hook Diner catch on fire.

I ordered myself fried pickles. The first time I ever tried such a dish was, goodness, almost ten years ago at this very place. They've changed their batter method but the end result is still very good...I dipped some of my pickle pieces in ranch and shared with K. and C.
I also ordered the BLT. Quite good though I couldn't finish it due to my recent brioche and pickle consumption.

No comments: