Thursday, May 29, 2008

Tent Party, 2008

My first tent party was my sophomore year. It wasn't, and isn't, a publicized event on campus but it existed...boy howdy did it exist. At that point they still bought nine million kegs and the tent was quite small. In subsequent years they upgraded the tent, changed the location and invested in beer trucks. Tent party is for about to graduate seniors and alumni. When I was either a student or recent alumni it was always fun to circle the crowds, I could be confident that I would find someone to say hello with. I was a rabid snapshotter...'hey I knew you once let's take a picture together!' was my mantra. This tent party was relatively well attended but I quickly found that the ratio of people I used to know to people I will never know was a bit unbalanced. So I stuck with those I know. L., C. and K. L. has some photographs of the two of us that I'd really like to post...but I haven't started to email her obsessively in order to get them. So, behold! Me, C. and K.
There was dancing inside the tent. The next day graduates would walk up and get their diplomas.



I stayed up too late and spoke with a bunch of people, some of whom I knew well some I had never met before (though we had been in the same class) and some people in between. Good times.

No comments: