Thursday, April 06, 2006

Sushi--I Just Can't Help Myself

Yesterday I tried my hardest to convince the boyfriend to come with me for some sushi. He was resolute in his refusal. So I did what any true sushi lover would do--I emailed everyone I knew and asked if they would like to sushi-it-up with me. And god bless player of words for being willing and able to eat with me at Sushi Luxe. I had the Chicago sushi: two yellowtail pieces, two tuna, two salmon, two shrimp and two unagi with the choice of one $4 maki (I went with the ika) and of course one (rather expensive) wasabi tobikko. The Chicago sushi is actually a good deal (I think) for $18, except for the lack of either soup or salad included. The fish was good good good. And I was happy happy happy.
We also stopped in to Rioja to take advantage of the $5 martinis on Wednesday. I had a cosmo and the player had a key lime...I tasted hers and it (she said this as well) tasted far more like apple than key lime. The cosmo was standard but good.

6 comments:

Paul said...

I don't like how your favorite food is my least favorite. It limits our interaction time considerably. A new post is up over on my blog. More to come, as soon as I drop out of school.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should have your mercury levels tested...aren't you eating alot of fish these days...
mc

Player of words said...

it was damb good sushi and although apple tasting i still liked the key lime

Player of words said...

yes...i spelled damn wrong. and i haven't even had one martini tonight

Anonymous said...

In non-sushi news, Happy Birthday to The Boyfriend. . . not quite the proper forum for such tidings, but he deserves some public recognition for his wonderfulness, as I'm sure you would agree, cc.

cc said...

yes indeed. hb tbf.