Monday, April 03, 2006

Joey's

So one of the things we hoped to accomplish whilst in Madison was the eating of lobster. Specifically the cooking and eating of lobster. This has been a group dream since way back when at some liberal arts school or another in Poughkeepsie, NY. After all the playing and birding we headed to our friend's local grocery store only to learn they had no live lobsters. Then we went to another grocery store where we learned that they, too, had no live lobsters. Then we went to another grocery store where we learned that they, in fact, did have live lobsters...at almost sixteen dollars a pound (ridonkalous). Upon learning this we sort of gave up hope of all things lobster and began heading towards a meal of noodles. At the last possible moment we ended up at Joey's, a new franchise restaurant featuring seafood and grill stuffs. Once there I had an Ocean-rita (very blue and not all that great) and spicy shrimp with a lobster tail and side salad. The shrimp weren't all that spicy but they were decent, not over cooked at any rate.
The lobster, I hate to say, was a little sub par to me. I don't know what my issue was exactly but the lobster wasn't as delectable and delicious as I like my lobster to be. Overall, however, I was glad for the meal.

No comments: