Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Craving Crab

The boyfriend's and my kitchen is lacking in many a thing as of late and because of this my homecooked meals have been decidedly lackluster. And now, for whatever reason, I can't stop thinking about soft shell crabs and how badly I want to eat, like, one million of them RIGHT NOW. Of course that would be silly, to eat one million all at one time. But, really, have you had a soft shell crab lightly breaded and lightly fried/sauteed? Oh my goodness. I am thinking about it and I'm thinking about it and I'm about to cry.

4 comments:

J said...

softshell crabs are amazing, are they in season yet?

Ya know what are also amazing: regular crabs, but be careful, even when dead and covered with old bay seasoning, they can and will fight back:
http://kittenloss.blogspot.com/2006/04/somewhere-between-tequila-and-whiskey.html

cc said...

First they claw at you and their spicy little friends get inside that little cut and really fuck you up...but they're so tasty it's okay.

cc said...

their season officially starts at the beginning of May.

Anonymous said...

We read in Sunday's paper (either the NYTs or the Tennessean)
that this year there is a bumper crop of crabs. mcmc