Sunday, April 23, 2006

Good As Good As Sushi Is Good

After returning home from our nesting table adventure the boyfriend and I headed out to House of Sushi and Noodles. The boyfriend was quite pleased with my uncoerced decision to walk the 2.5 miles to get there. It was a lovely walk down Ashland. One should never forget how different a street is when you're actually walking it as opposed to driving by it. We saw some dogs, a house that would be amazing if it was fixed up and painted, random tulips (the tulips are everywhere and I love it love it love it) and eventually we saw Mecca and by Mecca I mean the House of Sushi and Noodles.
As always we ordered the buffet that starts with green bean tempura and a cup of miso soup. This time around there were also some sweet potato tempura pieces along with the green bean and they were a nice surprise.
We went with two rounds of four rolls and then one abbreviated round of two...then I fell over into a dead sushi induced coma. House of Sushi and Noodles is good for lots of sushi cheap but the actual quality of the sushi is still a little suspect in my mind. I'm trying to figure out if this is because it's buffet style and I'm a snob or if I actually can discern really great sushi from just so-so sushi. It may be the former but it could, potentially, be the latter.

No comments: