Monday, April 24, 2006

Ch Ch Ch Changes

The computer/camera is still being funky about uploading the cactus photos but I'm going to perservere and move on. Yesterday the boyfriend and I decided not to do dim sum. There was talk of Golden Nugget and Pauline's. I would have happily gone to Golden Nugget in a car but it was a little too long a walk for my poor, poor, foot. So we planned on going to Pauline's. Unfortunately my foot wasn't too happy about that either. In the end we ate at Corner Diner at Foster and Clark. The boyfriend had the Jennie's (or maybe Jessie's or some other name beginning with J) Slam: two slices of french toast, two pancakes, one egg, a thick piece of ham and some fruit. I had the two egg breakfast: two poached eggs, sausage links and potatoes.
This breakfast was good but not great. My eggs were cooked to my specifications but the whites tasted a little like vinegar...which makes sense because sometimes when you poach an egg you put a tiny little bit of vinegar in the water but not enough that the person eating the egg is like 'oh yes vinegar'. The potatoes were so so. The sausage was tasty. What can I say?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I trust that the b.f. is eating such an unseemly enormous breakfast because he is about to go out and do 7 hours of hard physical labor in someone's yard, or perhaps 6 hours of fighting kudzu into submission on some large plot of land.

Mark Lamoureux said...

It seems they know how to poach eggs in Chicago. It seems to be beyond the abilities of most NYC diner chefs. What you get is a kind of egg-drop soup with plain water instead of soup...