Sunday, April 23, 2006

Pizza Pizza

Once returning home we puttered and we pattered around for a while. Then we started to watch Malcolm X, a very long movie indeed. We took a Malcolm break and made pizza. The boyfriend was in charge of the dough and then I, in a very nazi like fashion, took over the toppings. The toppings were: bacon, tomatoes, pineapple and olives. I also put some pesto into the marinara sauce for extra flavor/to get rid of more of the pesto. It was a stupendously good pizza if I do say so.
I kind of feel bad writing about Malcolm X, the movie, in the same post as a pizza that has bacon on it. But not bad enough to take the time and make a new post. This movie was interesting for a number of reasons, stylistically, thematically and characterly (characterly is not a word). I'm not sure how I felt about the ending...not that he died but Spike Lee's choice not to end the story with Malcolm X's death but to throw in a speech by Nelson Mandela and have kids stand up and say that they are Malcolm X. I don't know, it kind of seemed weird. Or something. But what do I know.

I have cactus things in my foot and I am trying to upload the images of the cactus in question but the camera/computer is having some problems with this. So, yeah.

1 comment:

SK-S said...

I want this now. I'm at work.