Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Something Is Amiss

Since Sunday the camera has not wanted to behave. It refuses to transfer photographs to the computer. In fact, the camera refuses to acknowledge the existence of the computer whatsoever. This, as you can imagine, troubles me greatly. I haphazardly attempted something to fix it yesterday but frankly I just want to whine at the camera until it fixes itself.

I have, in the last week, started- but not in true earnesty- three different books, two of which I have read before but a long time back. These books are Their Eyes Were Watching God, The Great Gatsby and Skinny Legs and All. I also, a while back, finished reading Henry Green's Loving and may be stuck in the middle of his Living for a long time to come.

So, no books completed and no meals to be shown. So sad.

6 comments:

J said...

what kind of camera is this that won't behave? smack it with a hammer.

Sheena said...

I am having the very same problem with my camera! It won't acknowledge my computer, nor any computer. Plus, I can't find the manual, AND the Sony troubleshooting website sucks.

Stupid technology!

J said...

This may sound obvious and probably isn't the problem, but make sure it's on the right setting.
My computer wouldn't aknowledge my elph the other day, but it turned out the little turney thing was switched to the picture of the camera with an m next to it and it shouldn't have been. Or the other way around.

cc said...

Well. I tried smacking it with a hammer but now the usb cable won't fit into its hole because now, what with the camera being rather smacked, the hole is too big!

It's a fuji fine piz S60somethingerotherZoom...I had some trouble with it the other day and by that I mean that I, accidentally really and truly not on purpose at all-not one little iota of a bit-disconnected the camera without taking its cute little camera icon off of my desktop.

I assume that this bad thing I did is to blame.

Anybody know anything about how to make cameras and computers friends after an accidental, but really intense, breakup?

J said...

Seth does, I am sure.

cc said...

Does Seth still read my blog? If so:
Seth, how do I fix this problem?

If not, I guess I could email him.