Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sushi Snack c/o Umai Umai

I had an unbearable hankering for udon noodle soup the week after Easter. So B. and I went to Umai Umai. I ordered the udon to go (I wanted to watch Lost while eating noodles, so sue me) and we ordered sushi to munch on while waiting for the soup. I think in actuality the soup waited for us to be done with our sushi...but whatever. I ordered white tuna, a yellowtail roll, wasabi tobbiko sashimi and a piece of lovely eel. It was all quite nice. The white tuna was not actually as wonderful as some pieces I've had in the past. The yellowtail was fresh and cut thicker than I am accustomed. Wasabi tobbiko on a spoon is sorcery in its purest form and unagi, well you simply can not go wrong with a little eel. The udon was only alright...it made me miss Tokyo Marina something awful (those of you in Chicago should go there and eat some udon for your homey...your homey is me).

No comments: