Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Burger c/o Lucky Strike and Animal Magic

Two Fridays ago Duckie Ambassador Iron Face and I drove to Brooklyn. I was caught a bit off guard by the completely stopped traffic on the New Jersey Turnpike at 3 o'clock in the afternoon, but other than that extreme waste of time, the trip went well. Once in Brooklyn, I nabbed an exceptionally perfect parking space right outside of L. and Fat T.'s building then hoofed it to Soho to meet up with L. at her place of employment. We, very quickly, left her job space and headed towards a bar to get a drink. This first bar was too crowded. So we ended up at Lucky Strike. We each ordered a tasty beverage, the same beverage actually, but I cannot tell you the name of said beverage because it is not on the PDF menu. Bummer. They were refreshing, whatever they were.
I had the burger at L.'s recommendation. It was quite good. Definitely seasoned, definitely not frozen, definitely cooked as I requested. The french fries were good too, but I wasn't quite as enamored of them as maybe I could have been. After our dinner/drinks we made our move...but stopped, momentarily, outside of the restaurant to observe the multiple cameramen and other dudes doing camera or sound type things on the street. It seems that someone from MTV's reality show 'The City' was going to walk from the building across the street right into the restaurant. I felt awkward and took no photographic proof of the reality of a reality show (the street was closed, there was a seven foot ladder in the middle of it with a man and a camera perched on top...just waiting for whatever happened, I'm sure).
Then we returned to L.'s hood where I, for the first time, noticed this:
L. and Fat T. have been living in the same apartment for at least three years. I have visited them numerous times, walked on this very street more times than I have visited them (it's how to get to the subway dontchaknow) and yet somehow (somehow!) I never noticed this diorama...or scene? I know they're blurry, I don't know what happened. Blurriness aside, I think you can still make out the dinosaurs, bloody gazelles and overall crazy that it was.
I thought it was pretty awesome.

No comments: