Saturday, April 18, 2009

Pulled Pork, Tater Tots c/o Urban Saloon

Because I was not impressed by McKenna's food options we jumped ship and went to the Urban Saloon, which had televisions (and a projection screen) for the game and food that wasn't quite so obviously all from a box. I tried my first Guinness.
Sadness was everywhere. This is me, weeping at the thought of K. leaving the next day.
I had the pulled pork sandwich and K. had a vegetarian sandwich.We both had tater tots as our side potato dish.
The pork wasn't bad, a bit dry and with a rosemary or some other out of place herb accent that threw me off a little. The bread was decent. And the tater tots? The tater tots were awesome.
The Tar Heels won, no one was surprised.

3 comments:

HinTN said...

Your first Guiness? Girl, that can ain't no Guiness. Go to an Irish pub and get the real thing. Failing that, get a BOTTLE and pour it right. That can is a fraud.

Cousin H

cc said...

It's not a can cousin, it's a glass with Guinness written on it.

nc catherine said...

It is definitely a Guiness, so damned dark you can't even see it. The thin rim of tan foam gives it away. And if you are going to drink Guiness, which for me is a bit like drinking runny mud that can get me buzzed, definitely get it from a tap. Fergit the bottle fergit the can. Drink it draught or not at all.

Some stout I can handle, but Guiness does me in. You go in your pursuit of the darker beers! I had a lovely oatmeal stout a few weeks ago, local-ish brewery (out of Asheville). It was good. I was happy.