Friday, April 03, 2009

Hand Pulled Noodles

On Saturday afternoon I got a call from Mr. Ass in which he asked me if I would be interested in going to one of his favorite spots in Chinatown for some hand pulled noodles. I most certainly was interested, and started walking moments after we got off the phone (well, fifteen minutes later in reality). I want to be able to tell you the name of small, storefront restaurant that I met Mr. Ass in front of, but I can't remember its name--it was between 9th and 10th on Race. Inside there were probably eight tables. I ordered the brisket hand pulled noodles with fried egg.
This was a whopping amount of tasty for only $5.75. A hearty portion chock full of noodles and topped with cilantro. It would have been more to my liking to get half as much noodles and just as much more broth. Mr. Ass was rather shocked by my preference for the broth over the noodles (I would have actually liked a thicker noodle but didn't realize I could have asked until I already ordered). The brisket was tender and flavorful, the broth hot and delicious. I had expected, for no reason other than because I wanted it that way, the egg to be a bit runny. So, it was a bit of a bummer to find that the egg was fried all the way through; no little bit of yolky manna was going to mix with the broth whatsoever.

No comments: