Monday, April 27, 2009

The New Fatty Form of Heaven

On our way to Fuji Mountain we passed Capogiro, which was funny because during my visit with J. and J. there had been a lot of talk about going to the gelato mecca for dessert...unfortunately the kids were not as enthusiastic/awake and up for a trip to Center City, so it didn't pan out. So when Mr Ass and I passed by the Capogiro storefront, I made some sort of comment about always wanting to try the gelato but never quite getting there. I forget how he phrased it, but it became clear that I had a gelato-in-crime partner...that makes no sense. All to say that after dinner, we walked to Capogiro. There, before I committed to a whole scoop, I tried the chocolate hazelnut, rosemary goat's milk, grape, and cinnamon flavors. Each was wonderful, but choices had to be made.
Mr Ass, if I recall correctly (which I sometimes don't) had orange and some sort of marvelous chocolate. This is a blurry photograph that doesn't really prove what flavors he ordered.
I ended up with the cinnamon (which tasted a lot, to me, like horchata...in a great way) and the rosemary goats milk. Oh my god. This was five dollars. And you know what? It was worth it. It is so, so, so, so, so good that I don't live closer to this place. I keep wondering whether a roundtrip walk of three miles would burn off the calories of this small of gelato. I'm thinking probably not.
But I dream. Oh yes, I dream.

2 comments:

bezdomnik said...

First photo of the bunch: it gets my vote on very amazing.

all your photos are awesome, but some just seem very much so, so I thought I'd say so.

cc said...

Thank you kindly. I should have photoshopped it so the lighting would pop more, but I got lazy.