Friday, April 24, 2009

Moussaka and Apple-y Goodness

After spending the morning and afternoon in the fine company of L. and Fat T. I departed Brooklyn. But I did not go home! Oh no. I drove to M.'s mom's house in Rieglesville, Pennsylvania. The last time I visited I had been so traumatized by the caterpillars that I hadn't been able to take in how lovely the house and its surroundings really were. Thankfully I did not see a single caterpillar (though I did learn that M. had suggested they buy a caterpillar cake pan and make a cake in that pan just to terrify me). When I arrived M. was at work in New Jersey and A. had gone to Philadelphia with their ill cat, Smackers. So it was just me, M.'s mom and her cousin, sitting around and shooting the breeze. Dinner was moussaka and green beans. This was my first moussaka experience, and I wonder how that can be considering its deliciousness. I mean, lamb, bechamel sauce, eggplant and tomato, what's not to love?
For dessert there was an appley turnover kind of thing and tea. It was quite lovely.

1 comment:

Huckleberry said...

Mhmmmm. Moussaka! One of my absolute favorites, and I would definitely eat it more often if it wasn't such a hassle to make...