Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My First Rita's of the Season

The fine weather we had been having over the weekend abruptly dissipated into crappy rain on K.'s final day in Philadelphia. Lame. Our plan had been to walk to Center city, get $10 manicures and then go to the Rita's Water Ice near Rittenhouse Square and sit in the park whilst enjoying our frozen booty and fresh nails. The rain put a damper on this (heh) but did not entirely squelch either aspect of the plan. Instead of going to a salon in Center City, we went to one closer to my apartment and equally cheap: Fairmount Nail Salon. I will write a little bit more on the nail experience when I put up the stupendous photographs of our nails in tandem.
Instead of walking to the Rittenhouse Square Rita's, we walked to the considerably harder to find and decidedly less pretty Suburban Station location. This did not, however, impact the goods. K. got a combination of flavors that involved chocolate. I had the a helping of black cherry with a helping of lemonade. You can see my fingernails. They are purple.
I've never walked around the Suburban Station underground maze of shops and food stations. It's not really appealing and it's darned confusing. Though it does lead one to feel a mite triumphant when they actually get to where they were trying to go. And that's something.

3 comments:

JJS III said...

Jealous! I'm now craving a pina colada gelati. I mostly order them because it's a fun thing to say. But also because they are delicious.

Unknown said...

cc, i miss rita's so much.
i am now jealous.
send some out to chicago, please.

-d.

cc said...

It's nice when something is fun and delicious.

I would try to send Rita's to Chicago for you...but I'd like you to send Chicago to me. So, it seems like it makes more sense to just wait for that to happen.