Monday, April 27, 2009

Sushi c/o Fuji Mountain

On Sunday, Mr. Ass and I planned to take advantage of a 20% coupon I found that was going to be honored by a number of Japanese restaurants around the city. Since Umai, Umai is pretty darn close to me, we agreed to go there. Unfortunately, Umai Umai is closed on Sundays. This put a momentarily medium sized wrench in our plans, but we rebounded and went to Fuji Mountain instead. There we had sake, edamame, salad, miso soup, the Fuji Royale sushi option (two rolls, 18 pieces sashimi), a cheek to mouth (or some silly named) roll and I, as you might be able to believe, ordered ikura as well.
Everything was good, but nothing was amazing. I'm sad about this, since I'd like to say better things since this was actually my second time at the restaurant, the first of which I felt relatively positive about. It's not a restaurant to be avoided, I just don't think it's a restaurant to go out of your way to get to. Wow. I said it.

No comments: