Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Burger c/o The Belgian Cafe

On Friday my cousin K. came into town. We've known each other since I was born and are great pals, so I was quite happy that she was willing to visit me. We had two sets of plans for Friday--originally we were going to go to South Philly and see a comedy show...but then I won tickets to go see Mates of State at the Trocadero...but then K.'s plane was delayed an hour and some minutes. We were already going to be running late if her plane had been on time, that extra hour didn't make it worth the stress or trouble to deal with trying to get to either show. Instead, after a lovely delay caused by my missing an exit on 95, we arrived back in the neighborhood and went to the Belgian Cafe for dinner. I had their Brouwer Burger: caramelized onions, mushrooms and goat cheese. K. had a burger as well. I tried the Bells Cherry Stout beer, which was surprisingly tart and rich...and first I didn't care for it at all, but it grew on me a little. Then I had a Rogue Chocolate Stout (look at me I'm a stout-loving fool).

No comments: