Friday, October 19, 2007

What I Don't Like So Much

Okay. So I like Friday Night Lights. And I want lots of other people to like it too. But I don't like the way NBC is packaging the show in order to attract new viewers. Basically they're trying to turn FNL into a soap opera. Which it's not. Well, it may be a little bit. All television dramas are. But this show is so good. Especially with Riggins looking all toned and skirting the line between deep-down-decent and deep-down-skeazy. Sigh. Last night's episode was very good but the 'let's get you caught up plot recap in the middle of the episode' was very lame. Especially because it takes complicated characters, realistic life plots (with an exception or two) and a great sense of filming and whittles it down into another teen-aged drama. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Hear hear!! Ben and I love FNL but we hate new "let's appeal to the OC's old viewers" crap. But we hold out hope. The first episode this season was a joke, but it's been getting better and better.

However, if Street miraculously walks again, I may have to firebomb my television set.